Friday, April 14, 2023

"Holydays:erience"

 "Holidays:erience"


                 The holy week also known as "Semana Santa" in the Philippines is celebrated every month of April, which starts on Palm Sunday to the Sunday before Easter. The week also includes five days of special significance, Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday Easter Sunday.  Holy week is a part of our life to celebrate in which we must celebrate it no matter what happens because this is a very important holiday in our life.

Starting on Sunday or which is called Palm Sunday where we Celebrate Jesus's triumphant entry into Jerusalem, In which I go to church with my aunt and we buy "palapas" where we will shake or wave to be blessed by the Father. Palm Sunday also has a lot of happenings, when we are going to Vigan from Sta. Catalina my uncle said that there is an accident on the highway,  so my uncle drive carefully so that we can't be in an accident. Maundy Thursday Commemorates the foot washing and the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles, what I did in the day was do some house chores/cleaning, do some schoolwork, and rest. Good Friday Commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus and his death at Calvary, this is where we couldn't eat meat, I feel sad because I can't eat my favorite food which is "tultulang na sinigangan", in the afternoon at 3:00 pm we go to church, and attend the "libot" where many people from each barangay in our municipality attended, we buy a candle and
light it as we walk with the saints we are parading and honestly, it is so windy that we cannot light the candle so I just walk without lighting the candle after the libot we all leave in the church and go home. Holy Saturday Commemorates Jesus' body resting in the tomb, what I did in the day was do some house chores/cleaning, do some school work, and rest. Lastly, the Easter Sunday when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus from the dead and his victory over death, I woke up early in the morning to go to the beach because it is easter sunday or we called it "the Sabado Gloria" which my family cooks some food to take it with us and eat at the beach, we had so much fun in the beach, we swim, have fun and eat, after we finish we go home. After we got home I didn't realize that my body is full of sand that comes from the beach, at 3:pm in the afternoon I got ready for we will attend the mass for Easter Sunday, and I wore my best outfit for it. 

           This holy week is a memorable one for me despite the bad happenings, also even though there might be some accidents and lots of happenings, we all know that god has been with us, who forgive and guide us through our life. Also, we must never forget that this holy week is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Finale"

  "Finale"                       Hi Again! I am Neriah Rabilas and now I'm posting this blog to finally say it ends,4th quarte...